The Code of 26 for Kids at Tai-Kai
I am proud to introduce to you Tai-Kai’s The Code of 26.
The Code of 26 is unique to our program. We will be giving our children a framework for their decision making process that will be with them for the rest of their lives. We will cover one value per week for 26 weeks. At the end of the 26 weeks, we will start over at #1, allowing us to cover the material twice a year.
Your role as a parent will weigh heavily on the success of our Code. We hope to have your full support with our continuous strive towards excellence.
THE CODE OF 26
- Honesty: Telling the truth always!
- Integrity: Do what you say you will do when you say you’ll do it.
- Self Esteem: Loving yourself in a healthy way, you are your own best friend.
- Self-Motivation: Encouraging yourself to do what you need to do at school, at home, at GT.
- Self-Image: How you view yourself and how you talk to yourself.
- Self-Respect: Valuing yourself, treating your body like a temple; feeing your mind with positive thinking.
- Trust: Belief in others.
- Faithfulness: Believe in things you cannot see.
- Greatness: Being “great” in all that you do.
- Character: Your character is who you are, when no one is watching.
- Reliability: Being there and being willing to assist others.
- Kindness: Treating others nice, and the way YOU like to be treated – “The Golden Rule”
- Perseverance: Continue working toward a goal even when you want to quit!
- Humor: Having fun, but not making fun of others.
- Self-Awareness: Knowing yourself and how your actions affect others.
- Respect for others: Valuing others and showing them the value you place on them.
- Listening Skills: Hearing is not just listening.
- Self Control: Control your mind and control your actions. You are responsible for being in control of your mind and your actions!
- Self Discipline: Doing what you need to do, not what you want to do.
- Positive Attitude: Looking at the “bright side”
- Sharing: Having a giving heart.
- Joy: Loving Life!
- Love; There are different types of love.
- Patience: Remain calm, not in a hurry. It is not just waiting, but what YOU DO while you wait.
- Gentleness: Being “gentle” in all you do.
- Peace: Feeling of well being .